As winter’s walls are painted over with the palette of spring, there is no better time to slow down and let life come to you. Whether you’re visiting from a nearby city, or a local looking for a weekend escape, twenty-four hours at the Resort Beach is just what you need to live the life this spring.
- After you check into your hotel, start your day-cation off by heading to the boardwalk and fueling up with lunch at Lager Heads. Sink your teeth into a Crab Benedict Burger and wash it down with a Lager Heads Pale Ale, specially brewed for the restaurant by Smartmouth Brewing Company in nearby Norfolk.
- Release your inner daredevil at iFLY indoor skydiving – no parachute required!
- When your feet are back on solid ground, unwind with some fresh seafood, which arrives daily, at Catch 31 Fish House and Bar. Enjoy the Cedar Plank Roasted Salmon and a glass of wine outside by the open-air fire pits, while you watch the last light of day dancing in the cascading surf.
- Cap your night off in true local fashion at Waterman’s Surfside Grille. Pull a stool up to the bar and grab a refreshing Orange Crush, the restaurant’s signature cocktail and a local favorite, made with freshly squeezed oranges.
- After you take in the breathtaking colors of the daybreak over the Atlantic Ocean, make your way to the ViBe Creative District for a freshly-roasted, delicious cup of coffee at Three Ships Coffee Roasters – owned by a local husband and wife team who expertly craft each cup they serve, including roasting their own beans.
- Grab an extra cup to go and head down the road to the Virginia Aquarium for a day of exploring more than 800,000 gallons of aquariums and live animal habitats focusing on Virginia’s distinctive marine environment.
- As your Virginia Beach adventure comes to an end, send it off the right way with a picnic on the beach. Grab some gourmet sandwiches and snacks at Taste Unlimited, throw a blanket on the sand and enjoy your lunch waterside. We recommend the turkey, bacon and avocado-stacked Northender sandwich – named after the quaint, oceanfront neighborhood north of the Virginia Beach boardwalk.
A weekend at the Resort Beach is all it takes to take a step back from the hustle and bustle of life and let your worries wash away with the surf. Come on by – Monday can wait.