How We Holiday
‘Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the beach, not a sea creature was stirring, not even a turtle. The lights were hung by the boardwalk with care, in hopes that King Neptune soon would be there. The visitors were nestled all snug in their beds, while visions of rockfish danced in their heads…
We are excited to share how we holiday here in Virginia Beach and make all of your beach fantaseas come true. From dazzling lights to festive parades and running Santas, we know how to holiday – Virginia Beach style!
- Kick off December with the Holiday Parade at the Beach (Dec. 5) and see giant balloons, marching bands, flashy floats, dancers and more move along Atlantic Avenue, from 15th Street to 25th Street
- Get dazzled with a three-mile spectacle of nautically-themed holiday lights with the accompaniment of a selection of holiday music at the iconic McDonald’s Holiday Lights at the Beach (Nov. 20-Jan. 2) on the oceanfront boardwalk
- Visit Santa’s Seaside Village (Nov. 27-Dec. 27) for a beachy twist to the holiday season with carnival rides, animated displays of Santa’s busy elves, building and shipping toys, live entertainment from carolers and storytellers and local vendors that provide perfect picks for holiday shopping.
- Catch a glimpse of the jolly ol’ elf swimming with the fish at the Virginia Aquarium for SCUBA Santa (weekends, Dec. 5-19)
- Celebrate the magic of the season with the Virginia Symphony Orchestra’s Jingle Bell Jam (Dec. 13) at the Sandler Center for the Performing Arts in Virginia Beach Town Center
- Dash like Dasher, Dancer, Prancer and Vixen under the holiday lights along the boardwalk during the Surf-n-Santa 5 Miler (Dec. 19). Runners are encouraged to be creative and dress up for the holiday season
Have yourself a merry little holiday, and let your heart be light! We hope these Virginia Beach holiday events will help keep your troubles out of sight! Show us how you holiday Virginia Beach style by using #visitvabeach.